Working with Contractors: Identifying and Reducing Risk
This course has been developed to assist housing agencies in their defense against liability when working with contractors. Throughout this course, we will examine the major areas of exposure, how best to mitigate damages on your property that may result in legal proceedings, and the requirements set forth by HUD on working with contractors. You will review contractor planning best practices to identify the right contractor with the right requirements, appropriate protections that should be put in place, as well as the steps necessary in contract management.
NOTE: This course is for informational and planning purposes only and is not intended to replace or serve as legal advice. Guidance provided in this course may not be suitable or appropriate for use in all situations. Some decisions may need to be reviewed by your legal counsel or other competent advisor. Always check with your insurance provider for the terms of your liability coverage. Duration: 1 Hour.
Anthony B. Corleto, Esq. & Mathew Ross, Esq., Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker LLP
Executive management, maintenance supervisors, property managers, risk control managers, and staff involved in development, renovation, and repair
- Review potential risks when working with contractors
- Learn how to ensure a contractor is licensed, reputable, and insured
- Ensure a contract does not leave you exposed to risk
- Understand how to monitor a contractor’s work
- Review HUD requirements for contractors
Pricing and Payment Options:
- Credit Card payment is preferred. Use the "Add to Cart" button and proceed to checkout.
- Check payment available by request.
- Special Pricing available for Subscribers and HAI Group Policyholders.
More like this
- IACET CEU (CEUs): 0.1